Tuesday 4 February 2020

Grow Tent - A New Experiment

Grow Tent - A New Experiment

Finally took the plunge and invested in a grow tent for seed testing.  Big enough to provide for 115 x 7 cm pots, it should allow me to test pretty much all of my smaller seeds.

So far it has all of my seeds that require very warm conditions, with the bottom heat and the ceramic heater providing air temps of a stable 26 Deg C and soil temperature a few degrees above that.

At this point, I have had Stapelias showing in 24 hours from sowing, Pachypodiums from 48 hours, Astrophytums in 72 hours and my own super hot chilli peppers germinating inside 4 days.

The kit so far includes
  1. 120 x 60 x 150 cm Grow Tent
  2. 2 x 50 cm square heat mats
  3. Minature Fan Heater (400 watts) with thermostatic control
  4. 600 LED full spectrum grow light
  5. Inline vent fan (not currently being used as I need a close atmosphere)
  6. Remote temperature and humidity sensor so I can check temps without leaving the house
As I get results from this, I will be able to modify any care sheets that I have for the more tropical species we stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment